Friday, February 25, 2011

3 months shy of a year.

Exactly 4 years ago, I was living the life in my giant dorm room in Southwest (best dorm EVER.)  I'm pretty sure this is when I went through my homesick phase, the only time I had ever been homesick since I was like 10.  I don't remember many details, but I do remember we drank too much, studied too little, and had the perfect amount of fun.



A year (in 3 months) ago is when it all ended, college was over.  I remember that day as boring, very boring at first, damn whoever convinced me to go to convocation.  Then I remember my first name not being called when I got my diploma, but whatever, I'm over it, kind of.  After it was a whirlwind of photos and all the sudden it had ended.  The end of an era.  It was time for us to drink champagne out of glass bowls stolen from the dining hall because we had already packed up the lives we had built in our tiny, overpriced, on-campus apartment.



This picture of our empty apartment truly saddens me.  I will never be able to see UC 10 again.

Since that day, May 15, 2010, life has changed so much.  Who knew how different life could be in less than a year.  I spent my summer doing absolutely nothing and live the life of a true post-grad.  And now I am here, in Pomona, CA, going to school, yet again.  I feel like time here has actually passed faster than it did a mere 4 years ago when I was a bright-eyed 18 year old.

I don't even know what to say, when I started school here, it was like being a freshmen in college all over again, minus the dorms.  We partied all weekend, went to class, went to lab, and partied all over again.  Same deal, different place, different people.  I love all the people I met here, we all became so close, so fast, but I miss all the people I met in undergrad.  I miss my study group, I miss my lab partners, and I miss my roommates.  Things will never, ever be as they were when you are living the life as an undergrad.  We ended up in all different places, SF, SJ, Davis, LA, the Netherlands, and life is so weird without them.

Who knows what the next year will bring...

Highlights of my last year in college:

$2 Wed nights at FATS:


BFF Enrique from our weekly In n Out visits:


More Fats, guess the occasion:


Not so bright ideas:


When that one guy that wasn't Tony or Enrique gave Laura free onions:


Finally experiencing the ASPARAGUS FESTIVAL:


When old friends reunite at random parties:


BFF Sam:


Finally painting the rock after 4 years:


And, the end:



<3

4 comments:

  1. it so weird how you can get so close to the ppl in grad school but still miss everyone in undergrad. boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hate not being apart of your daily life anymore... sorry i stalked your blog.

    ReplyDelete